Thursday, July 3, 2014

Why why why?!?!?!

Getting up at my usual 6:45 am was a major struggle this morning. As I slowly woke up and got moving, I began to think: how am I going to have energy for tomorrow's race? WHY DID I EVEN SIGN UP?!? Of course, at the time I signed up, I was like "YES, I feel great! I can do this! While everyone is sleeping and resting, I will be up, running, feeling great about myself."...... Yet, now (a day before the race) I am kind of regretting my decision.

I'm the kind of person who NEEDS to workout everyday. I know, I go against the rule of having rest days in between your workouts. However, I cannot grasp that idea of having a day in which I do nothing. I have to be active or else I go nuts. I do allow myself one day (Saturday) to rest. But as for the other week days, I am up and doing some type of workout at the gym or outside. I am insane, I know. The one thing I  try not to do everyday is run. However, I have been running everyday (horrible, I know). Yet, it is for a good cause. I have convinced my dad that he can run, anyone can run for that matter, you just got to push yourself. So, each and everyday, after he gets home from work, we run around the pond three times (1 mile). All he needed was a little push, a workout bud to get him pumped up and start running. Therefore, after my workout in the gym, I wait until he gets home, and then we start our daily run. It, so far, has worked too! Each and everyday, we have decreased our time. Our last run, we made the 8 min and 45 second mark. I was so proud!! However, I feel like it has taken a tool on my body. I am not a huge fan of stretching but today and tomorrow I will set aside time to stretch. I found this awesome diagram on pinterest (again I am obsessed with that website) that I thought would be great to share. Stretching is important! But, I would be lying if I said I stretched each and every time I workout. I always convince myself that I will stretch later, which I never do. But, now as I am aching in my legs and arms I definitely regret it. If you are someone like me who puts off stretching, believe me, you will eventually regret that decision too! 

This diagram might help all those non-stretchers. Easy to follow and explains the importance of each stretch. 

Pre-run stretch Diagram (Probably would be good stretching routine for after running or any workout for that matter)

I do not know the original source where this exact diagram came from. But here is web address I got this from: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/21744010671530287/


Another awesome site for runners is www.active.com 
This direct link: 
( http://www.active.com/a3_articles/ec2c690f-3eca-409d-9708-21518c92c414/1?page=1 )
offers more options for stretches that the diagram above does not include. Definitely check this out if looking for more stretches. 

Copy and paste the url offered above to be directed to the article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment