Friday, July 25, 2014

Flashback FRIDAAAYYYYY!!

TGIF! Can't believe it's Friday! Wooh this week has gone by so fast. Of course, time always flies when you have one more month left of summer. That's right, one more month before all stress comes back to haunt me. This year my summer is shorter than years before since I am transferring colleges. I got out of school on June 13th and now, go back August 25th eek! Another huge adjustment for me is having to live at home. I'm going to a school that is only about 20 minutes from my house, so I do not have to live downtown anymore. Kind of a relief, getting food for free and not having to do my laundry (laziness at its finest). But, having to come home to craziness is going to be hard to concentrate in. I guess the library is going to be my second home this semester.


Time sure does fly though. My mom has her own blog (follow her!! Link: http://mary-myneedlethread.blogspot.com/). I love looking through her old posts to see all the old pictures she posted of my family and I throughout important life events. Looking back at these pictures, it's almost as if I am looking at a different person. Kind of like that moment when at the time you thought wow I look so good! But then, when you look back at the picture years later, you think to yourself: wow, what was I thinking?!?!

Prime example! I am the awkward one with the hot pink shoe laces. I went through that phase where I wanted to be "emo" with the skater shoes (I never skateboarded a day in my life) and studded belt. Ahh the good old days! I was a sophomore in high school. Such a little itty baby back then.


Again emo kid in training. Look at those cool bracelets with the skull ring. I went through a phase where I loved bows and wore them constantly along with my 0399320839758743 bracelets that I NEVER took off. Gross, I know!




Here's another fun one! Dancing in the car. You can see my rebel stage had evolved with the black streak in my hair. I was rocking with that beanie (just look at that million dollar stare).




Um..... yeah I was going through a mid life crisis........ high school


Sophomore homecoming dance picture with my sister. I guess we do not look that much different compared to her wedding day picture. Aside from looking a bit older and more confident, now. But I love seeing these pictures. It's crazy to think of the state I was in then (sophomore year) and all the things I had yet to experience up until now. My sister, Kate, was my age (21 years old) in this picture.


Last October 2013 (Kate's wedding day)

Ahh the memories! Aside from all the craziness and sometimes sadness, I wouldn't change anything. I believe, you grow from every experience. Each life moment molds you into the person you are today and for that, I am truly grateful. But, then again I am only 21 years old. I have a lot more growing to do!! 


Happy Friday Everyone!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment