Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Breaking the Routine

Being a fitness nut, I admit, I go to the gym on a daily basis. I feel like the number one rule for any fitness routine is never do the same routine two days in a row. Therefore, in order to follow that rule, I switch up cardio machines on a daily basis. However, I can't help but wonder if switching machines counts. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut at times. Failing to break that exercise routine on the machine. For example, on the elliptical machine I always pick the fat burn setting, go for about 25:00 minutes, and then switch to the reverse setting for about forty minutes. The only change I implement is the resistance, each week setting the resistance to a higher setting. Yet, I am scared that that is not enough. I love cardio machines and do not plan on eliminating them from my workout routine. However, with a very limited variety of machines, I feel stuck to the same 4 or 5 machines on weekly basis. So what is a crazy, cardio girl supposed to do?! Well luckily, today I feeling a little spontaneous (surprise surprise). I found this elliptical routine on pinterest that I plan on doing this afternoon (today is my elliptical day). Fingers crossed that I stick to this routine, at least for today.



The URL for pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/115264071687345744/
Original source: http://theberry.com/2012/07/29/daily-motivation-16-photos-76/get-fit-sunday-8/


Another great source for creating a variety of toning exercises (abs, legs, arms, etc) is at
http://workoutlabs.com/custom-workout-builder/ ..

This website is awesome for creating workout routines that are suitable for your body type and comfort zone. Definitely a place to check out if you are like me, and have a habit of resorting back to the all time favorite crunches. Doing a million crunches until you feel like your neck is going to fall off can make you feel like there is no hope for that washboard stomach. However, this website allows more a variety of ab exercises that reach far beyond the crunches. Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment