Monday, August 4, 2014

I survived!!

One word to explain this weekend.... damn. For all those who have experienced Lollapalooza before, you know how exhausting it can be. However, going all three days is madness. Words cannot even describe how drained I feel at this moment. Not to mention, my allergies make me sound like I am dying today. But, aside from all the complaints, I have no regrets. Would do it all again next year!! 

Since Lollapalooza is a music festival, its only appropriate to name all the bands I got a chance to see:
Friday- Bombay Bicycle Club, Interpol, Cash Cash, Lorde, the beginning of Artic Monkeys, Zedd
Saturday- Vance Joy, Z-trip, a little bit of Temper Trap, Grouplove, Martin Garrix (got to see him mix his song Animals), Foster the People, Chase and Status, Calvin Harris
Sunday- Kongos, Bleachers, GTA, a little bit of NONO, Cage the Elephant, the ending of Airborne Toxic Event, Sebastian Ingrosso
Those are all the performances I remember going to at least.

Overall, it was a successful weekend. I really wished I could have seen Shrillex last night, but after walking all day long, my legs could not walk anymore. Literally, it was painful to walk, almost felt like someone punched me in the thighs. I had to limp all the way to the train. I blame Saturday for my painful leg syndrome. I danced WAY too much. Seriously, I think three hours straight I danced like a crazy person, dancing my way all the way to Calvin Harris. Funny thing was, I was completely sober. But the great thing about these festivals is that you can dance like a complete idiot and no one cares. Or at least, you blend in with the kids on drugs or the adult drunkies. Overall, it’s a great time. Just don’t wear Toms, worst feet support, especially if you’re a jumper, like myself.


As always I promised to take loads of pictures, which in the midst of the chaos I found time to take a few pics. 








This picture clearly was taken last night, on the walk home to the train. I was cold and limping in style with the fedora I bought at the festival. At this point, I just wanted to go home. Thank God for blankets!! 



Happy Monday everyone!! Hopefully, your Monday is more productive than mine will be. 






No comments:

Post a Comment