Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Stuck in a Funk? Time to Getting Moving

If you're like me, routine is your specialty. Weekdays I dedicate my workout indoors, at the gym. Then, weekends (preferably Sunday), I usually commit to running outside. However, today is such a nice day, I feel like going outside of my routine and running outside. Since last weekend was Lollapalooza, I was not able to do my Sunday morning run. I feel like I'm going through runner's withdrawal. I know I sound kind of nuts, but for anyone who loves running, the feeling afterward is what we all crave. Even though I do love my gym workouts (or more so the feeling after I have completed my gym workouts), I need a change. I need something more than being on a elliptical for an hour than doing the stair stepper while I watch daytime TV. I want a challenge!

If your stuck in a funk, one thing that always helps me is new music. I am a huge music lover so adding to my play list helps me get up and start moving.The problem that I found with a lot of workout or running play lists that are found online, is that they repeat a lot of the same songs. I love the radio but it overkills a lot of good songs. So, when it comes to working out, I love to listen to songs I have not heard before. Songs that won't make me want to press the next button. Below I listened some of the sounds found on my running play list. It is a lot of electric dance music (EDM), but the beats keep my feet moving. So, get up and dance!



Title                            Artist
Alive (Zedd Remix) - Empire of the Sun
Animals (Crockers Remix) - Mike Snow
Antidote - Swedish House Mafia
Bangarang (feat Sirah) - Shrillex
Beautiful People - Chris Brown
Bounce - Calvin Harris
Counting Stars - One Republic
Crave You (Adventure Club Remix) - Flight Facilities
Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia
Fall Into the Sky (feat. Ellie Goulding) - Zedd and Lucky Date
Feel So Close to You - Calvin Harris
Holding on to You - Twenty One Pilots
I Need Your Love (feat Ellie Goulding) - Calvin Harris
I.D.G.A.F.O.S. - Dillon Francis
Internet Friends - Knife Party
Kill Your Heroes - AWOLNATION
Language - Porter Robinson
Levels - Avicii
Light it Up - One Republic
Miracle Mile - Cold War Kids
Can't Stop Me (Club Mix) - Afrojack &Shermanology
Safe and Sound (Cash Cash Remix) - Capital Cities
I Could Be the One - Avicii vs. Nicky Romero
Boy Oh Boy - Diplo & GTA
DNA (Calvin Harris Remix) - Empire of the Sun
Pillz (Feat Green Velvet) - Flosstradamus & Yellow Claw
Born to Rage (USA version) - Dada Life
Bad (feat Vassy) - David Gueta
Ready for Action - Alvaro & Joey Dale
Dreaming (The Chainsmokers Remix) - Smallpools


No comments:

Post a Comment